Monday, November 24, 2008

On a Budget Schmudget

I think there is a line in a 90's song by Everclear (who I find usually pretty LAME) that says something along the lines of "if you say money is the root of all evil you've obviously never been poor." I know that is not the exact line, but it's the concept.

So, true I must say. After working for many years in the mental health field with people who struggle to make ends meet, you find that "therapeutic interventions" can only go so far if basic needs aren't even being met.

That being said, when you find yourself in a financial bind, there are some things that one can do for entertainment that do not cost much money. Exhibit A:




The New 90210: Not only are there new, rich, bitchy, good looking characters to stare at and live vicariously through, but some of the old-golden bitches are back! Brenda is back to her old ways; trying to sleep with Kelly's sloppy seconds AGAIN! My personal favorite thing though is that there is a character who is most definitely classified as the "bitchiest" (and probably the smartest) named Naomi. This makes me proud. Nobody puts Naomi in the corner.

Yes, I know it's trash. Yes, I know the dialogue is HORRIBLE. Yes, I know that it is a show for teens that focuses on fashion and all the girls are rail thin. I know it's bad. But, when my roomie and I watched it once, we were immediate fans! It's total crack. I can't stop staring at the beautiful people with so much money and no REAL problems! I am ashamed of myself and using my budget as an excuse.

Truthfully, I don't really have any other budget ideas I would like to share at this time. I just had to confess my new obsession to something other than a real live human in order to escape the disgusted face they would make at me :)

1 comment: